FlightClub Tokio XL 6"
Now shipping with the injection molded canopies!
The Tokio XL is the 240mm 6" version of the 210mm Tokio X.
Designed for ripping around a race track and smashing competition. Prepare to change your perception of race quadcopter frames. Even though the frame looks simple and minimalistic, look deeper and you will see every millimeter of the FlightClub Tokio frame has been engineered with an obsession to perfection.
Heavy emphasis was placed on protection and durability. Less broken parts means maximum flight time. The FPV camera is the most commonly damaged component. Tokio has three stages of camera protection. All three are designed to dissipate the shock of impacts.
- Thick protruded lip around the lens. This is designed so the lens sits inside the frame.
- Flexible canopy. Absorbs the shock of impacts.
- Bendable bracket that mounts the camera. (A flexible FPV camera mount is recommended)
An ultra durable injection moulded Thermoplastic Polyurethane Canopy (TPU)houses all the delicate electronics. Unlike a full carbon frame, a flexible canopy can dissipate the shock of impacts. Carbon fiber is super strong but brittle. There is zero give. The impact will either damage the carbon fiber or your delicate onboard electronics. A semi-flexible canopy is like flying around with a pillow around your electronics. VTX and antenna protection. The antenna has been engineered to slope down below the propellers and not touch the ground. If the frame lands upside down the antenna never touches the ground or propellers. Built in motor guards. The shape of the carbon fiber around the motors is design to protect the motors. Simple and effective design.
Introducing Butter Mount. An innovative new way of mounting the flight controller stack. The Butter Mounts are designed in a way the mounting screws never touch the carbon fiber frame. Motors, unbalanced props or damaged props can transmit noise to the flight controller in the form of vibrations. These micro vibrations can cause erratic flight behaviors, oscillations and in extreme cases burn out motors and ESCs. Butter Mounts will greatly reduce if not eliminated flight controller vibration issues. Simple but smart way of mounting the canopy. Only requires two screws to mount the canopy on the carbon fiber frame. Makes it really easy to build or do field repairs. Less hardware equals savings in weight. Once mounted the canopy is guaranteed to not come off.
Attention to Details
- Fully chamfered outside edges
- Completely flat bottom with countersunk screws. Prevents the battery from getting shredded by protruding screw heads.
- Hypotensed Carbon fiber. The frames are rotated 45 degree so the carbon fiber strands run down the arms
- Antenna ports slightly below the top of the canopy to minimize damage
- Easy access to change VTX channels
- USB ports on sides of canopy
- Camera angle lock (if used with the FOXEER Arrow or RunCam Swift)
- Easy to swap battery strap
Great care was put into designing the shape of Tokio. From the areodynamic canopy to the shape of the carbon fiber frame, we tried to minimize air drag by reducing the surface area in the Z (vertical) and X (horizontal) axis.
- 240mm Stretch X frame
- 4mm fully chamfered hypotense bottom plate with countersink holes
- Injection moulded (TPU) Thermoplastic Polyurethane Canopy
- Weight 110g
- 4mm X Carbon fiber hypotense and outer edge chamfered bottom plate
- Ultra durable Injection Molded Semi Flexible Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU) Canopy
- 1.5mm carbon fiber battery plate
- 1.5mm VTX plate
- Canopy mounting hardware
- 4 - Butter Mounts
- 4 - M3x12 Button head hex screws
- 8 - Nylon M3 hex nuts
- 4 - M3x8 Nylon standoffs
- 3 - M3x8 Flat head hex screws (1 spare)
- 2 - Antenna tubes
- 2 - Antenna Caps
- 1 - FlightClub velcro strap
The base Tokio XL frame kit comes with the standard race canopy. Add the additional GoPro canopy with the base kit and save $5. This would include both the race canopy and GoPro canopy.
- Designed for a 2 or 3 flight controller stack. A PDB, 4in1 ESC and flight controller can be used.
- Maximum height for the stack is 24mm
- Depending on the stack height, you can use X4R-sb, XSR (recommended), XM Plus, XM or Spektrum equivalent.
- Needs to use micro video transmitters such as the TBS Unify Pro series or any other VTX in this size.
- Designed for the FOXEER Arrow V3 or similar FPV camera. The HS1177 will work but will not be able to lock the camera angle.